It’s that time of year again where we all try to ready our homes for the summer season once more! Although the traditional reasons for a spring clean are now mostly outdated, the use of coal fires and oil burners that leave dust, soot and ash are now a rare find in many houses, many people still feel our homes are in need of a thorough spring cleaning following the winter season. After months of muddy shoes and boots being dragged through the house, a full clean is often what is needed. Remember you don’t have to buy lots of fancy confusing products to do a good job, buy an all-purpose cleaner, a window/glass cleaner, a mould/descaler, and a toilet cleaner. Follow these simple tips to help get you started:
- Use rubber gloves and a damp cloth to lift any pet hair from upholstery.
- Sweep or vacuum floors first to collect crumbs and dirt. Wash your floor in the farthest corner of the room and work your way towards the door. Use a damp cloth on the end of a mop handle to clean awkward hard to reach areas.
- Microwave damp sponges on high for several minutes to kill bacteria. Wash dishcloths regularly as they are incubators for germs and bacteria, especially as the weather is getting warmer.
- An old toothbrush can be really useful for areas around sinks, tap handles and areas under shower and bath handles.
- Wash vases and ornaments in hot soapy water, washing up liquid is great as it doesn’t leave any sticky residues and cuts through dust stuck on with grease.
Here at First impressions cleaning solutions we offer tailored made services to help with those bigger jobs such as upholstery and carpet cleaning. Dust, dust mites, pollens and other allergens live deep inside the fibres of your carpet, a normal vacuum will not have the suction to remove these hard to get pests. We use the best equipment and our staff are trained to the highest standard so we can offer you a professional carpet cleaning service to take care of your home with peace of mind that we will get those hard to do jobs done. Give us a call for a free quote today.